for the Museum
With the purpose of optimize the management of archeological and naturalistic heritage of the west Vicenza area.
Sistema Museale Agno-Chiampo (Agno-Chiampo Museum Network) is a joint initiative undertaken by nine neighbouring towns in the western part of the province of Vicenza, with the purpose of managing more effectively and efficiently the archaeological and naturalistic patrimony of the area: Arzignano, Montecchio Maggiore, Montebello, Brendola, Sovizzo, Castelgomberto, Zermeghedo, Montorso, Trissino, Sarego.
The nine towns are formerly related from the mark of a special agreement.
The Network came into being in 2001, following an initial proposal by Soprintendenza per i Beni Archeologici del Veneto. Initially seven towns were involved. Sovizzo joined in 2005 and Brendola in 2006.
In the year 2007 the Museum was completely refurbished, considerably increasing its dimensions and opening 5 new room, bringing the total up to 12. A thirteenth room was added in 2014.
The System is collegially managed through various departments:
- System Assembly approves annual and pluriannual and makes the most significant choices; a working group manages the relations between all the Municipalities with the staff of the Museum, in order to solve the many practical small problems of management.
- Scientific Committee, composed from the experts of other Museums, from the Soprintendenza per i Beni Archeologici del Veneto and from Universities of Padua, guarantees the scientific seriousness of each project and activity.
It is made up of Mayors and Cultural Councilor of the participating Municipalities. The president from 2014 is Milena Cecchetto, Major of Montecchio Maggiore.
- Marisa Rigoni (coordinator) – Soprintendenza per i Beni Archeologici del Veneto
- Roberto Zorzin – Museo di Storia Naturale di Verona
- Angela Ruta Serafini – Soprintendenza per i Beni Archeologici del Veneto
- Cinzia Rossignoli – Soprintendenza per i Beni Archeologici del Veneto
- Federico Zorzi – Dip. Geoscienze, Università di Padova
- Paolo Mietto – Dip. Geologia, Università di Padova
The staff of the Museum
- Roberto Ghiotto – Director
- Roberto Battiston – Naturalistic curator
- Annachiara Bruttomesso – Archeological curator